Nurse Aesthetician / Registered Nurse
At Erickson Dermatology, delivering the highest quality client care while providing an overall excellent experience is what defines us – offering the latest advancements in Cosmetic Dermatology, administered by team-players who have a genuine passion for helping people look and feel their best is how we do it. We are on the forefront of the industry and take great pride in offering exceptional treatments and outstanding client satisfaction. Our business values provide our team members with careers that are fulfilling while continuing to evolve and offer opportunities to develop new skills.
We are a female-lead practice that is located on the exclusive Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago and are looking for top performers in the industry to join our team! Erickson Dermatology is where individual aspirations are fulfilled and quality of life is enhanced each and every day by working alongside fellow staff members delivering exceptional client care and an overall outstanding experience.
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced Nurse Aesthetician, with a background in Dermatology and/or Cosmetic Dermatology, to join our growing esthetics practice
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Registered Nurse (BSN) with at least 2 years of experience in dermatology. Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist (CANS) certification desirable.
- Valid/Current Illinois Aesthetician License and at least 2 years of experience
- Must be experienced in/with the following:
- Assisting with surgical procedures
- Drawing up neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, etc)
- Performing laser treatments such as BBL/Halo, IPL, Femtouch and Laser Hair Removal
- Performing treatments such as CoolSculpting, miraDry, NuEra Skin Tightening, Ultherapy, Microneedling, Chemical Peels and Hydrafacials
- Drawing blood, starting IVs expertly, assisting with consults, preparing for and assisting with treatments performed by the Physician and providing after-care instructions and follow up calls
- Knowledgeable with skin care products such as Obagi, Neocutis, Skin Better Science & Alastin
- Assist with all clinic activities including answering phones, collecting payments, discussing treatment options and providing quotes for services with both new and established clients
- Comfortable/Proficient with using technology during cosmetic consultations including Visia skin analysis and FotoFinder
- Electronic charting with EZDerm
- Promote and sell applicable skin care products, services and treatments during client consultations as well as over the phone with prospective clients
- Possess a congenial diplomacy and maintain a consistently high standard of one’s appearance and professionalism that coincides with the high standard of the Erickson Dermatology brand.
- Manage Employee Training and maintain clinic training records for HIPPA, Licensures, and CPR
- Adhere to Laser Safety and OSHA standards
- Autoclave instruments and maintain proper maintenance and logs
- Maintain biopsy and treatment logs
Ability to confidently explain treatments and payment policies of the practice, including obtaining a deposit at time of new consult booking. Ability to book an inbound lead is required. Additionally, all employees must be able to make personal connections over the phone so that when a client walks through our door for their first time, they immediately know they made the best choice by selecting Erickson Dermatology.
Our staff members are skilled at effectively minimizing client stress/anxiety related to procedures/treatments as well as confidently providing reassurances that the recommended treatment(s) are tailored to address the client’s expressed needs/desired results. As such, all clinic staff must be intimately familiar with every treatment, product and service offered at Erickson Dermatology. The Nurse Aesthetician will confidently consult with existing and new clients and schedule new treatment appointments for Dr. Erickson and the clinic.
Needs to effectively manage and control client flow and be adept at problem solving. Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks. Ability to figure things out ahead of time, make sound decisions/recommendations and conduct oneself professionally while juggling several responsibilities. Ability to communicate effectively with the doctor, clients and other staff members in a respectful and professional manner at all times is a must.
Experience and comfort with using technology to effectively perform the duties of this position are necessary. Our practice utilizes several software systems and a working knowledge is required of:
- EZDerm, Millennium Systems spa software, Aquity and Microsoft Office
Training on each of these systems can be provided, but the successful candidate must be able to learn and confidently use technology.
Mannerly and hospitable applicants only.
This is a full-time position based on 35-40 hours per week. Business hours are typically Monday through Saturday; employees schedule will depend on clinic needs. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, PTO, health insurance and dental, 401k with matching and discretionary year end profit sharing to the 401K. Pay is commensurate with experience level.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay range: $25 – $40 hourly
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com